All the information content moving through your organization has tremendous value to your business—but only if its integrity is established, preserved, and tapped. Doing this effectively requires a big-picture perspective. A unique combination of the following components will best support your business:
- Document process efficiency backbone—All systems need a centralized repository and infrastructure, where all kinds of electronic files can be readily processed, stored, and accessed.
- Centralized mailroom scanning—Many businesses benefit from high-volume, in-house capture centers for efficient processing of incoming mail or large volumes of paper files.
- Distributed scanning—When documents are received at multiple locations in the enterprise, scanning them directly at the point of receipt can improve turnaround and reduce risk.
- Electronic file input systems—You need a systematic means of capturing and routing all kinds of electronic files entering the organization through email, faxes, websites, EDI, print streams, FTP, or links.
- Manual and automated data input systems—To ensure system integrity, data must be extracted and entered quickly, accurately, and uniformly—while reducing human touch points whenever possible.
- Centralized outsourced services—It’s often more cost effective to outsource document scanning and processing to industry experts, so you can focus on your core business.
- Distributed outsourced services—When multiple facilities are involved, locating the capture operation near each regional branch can minimize shipping costs and simplify logistics.
The most profitable document system
Our document solutions team helps you weigh the cost-benefit tradeoffs of each component—and determine when and where to use in-house staff versus outsourced specialists. eDocument Solutions is unique in its ability to provide the most profitable combination of these seven document management system components.